Plugin for Resolution Field Values

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

I need to customize the resolution field values on Resolve Issue Screen based on the Issue Type.

If Bug is type I want only fix,won't fix and soon.

Otherwise for Remaining Issue Types, some other resolution field values need to be displayed.

Please provide any plugin somewhat related to only this issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

Did you try Behaviours plugin and the script I provided you here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/118834/is-there-any-plugin-for-customizing-resolutions-based-on-the-issue-type ?

I dont think there is any other way of achieving this , you will need to do it either using javascript or groovy script in behaviours plugin .

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

But using scripts may lead to incompatibility to some browsers

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

Depends on the script you are using ... You will need to do a good testing on the browsers JIRA is compatible ... Even JIRA requires Javascript to be enabled on the browser .

I cant think of anyway this can be done via a plugin , If you dont want to use a script you might have to make changes in the JIRA source/files . Also note that these changes will have to be manually made during every upgrade of your JIRA

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

How can I get JIRA source files?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2012

There is the option C. Faysal gave as well. Everything else requires code, whether that's injecting javascript or hacking core code. I don't think this is something that's possible in a plugin (although a plugin might be one way to get your javascript in)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

This is a duplicate question of https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/118834/is-there-any-plugin-for-customizing-resolutions-based-on-the-issue-type where i had suggested the use of Workflow properties but i guess here all the issuetypes share a single workflow

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

Yes Mizan, but by using workflow properties, need to define the workflow for each issue type.

Also the Behaviours Plugin involves a lot of groovy scripting & it make me to learn groovy script which is time consuming.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

Separate workflows and using workflow properties is a very good option because some day you will define a separate workflow for each issuetype. Also there can be more customization done to the workflows. And no coding needed. No worries during upgrades.

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

Suggest an answer