Plugin field "Last Updated by" - How do I get it to display on a view issue screen

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I can't remember which plugin gave me the ability to create the "Last updated by" field but I have it. I have configured it globally and added it to many View Issue screens in my JIRA projects. But it never shows up!!

However, If I specify the field in the Issue Navigator, no problem it displays in the Issue Navigator. I can also query against it so its configured for User Picker properly.

Perplexed

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Are you seeing it in the User section along with Assignee and Reporter? What version of JIRA is it?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I'm not seeing it anywhere on the View Issue Screen but would have expected to see it in the User section. The field has been added to the Screen configuration. We are on JIRA 4.4.3.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Maybe the field only has a column view. Which plugin is it?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2012

Yeah, that only has a column view.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2012

I think it's JIRA toolkit, but I'm not 100% sure. I have tried googling and cannot find it. I have attached the custom field type as it shows when creating the field.

Cedric DEVAUX October 9, 2014

Hi all, Can you confirm me that the custom field "Last Updater" is only has a column view? Thank You

0 votes
Jeff Miller July 2, 2014

@Susan Hauth- any idea where you might have found the "last updated by" plugin? I don't need to see it in 'view issue' but need to see that field in the issue navigator as you mention above.

I realize you said you don't remember which plugin it was but even a guess as to where to get said plugin would help.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2012

You can also let people know that the Activity and History tabs can be sorted so the most recent change is at the top. Pretty close to a Last Update field.

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2012

Thanks!! Sort of. Would be really nice if it had an Issue View. But at least I know it's not my configuration. I do appreciate the help.

Suggest an answer