Plugin Install after Licence expired

KaiS July 21, 2015

HI all, 

we have this situation: Our licence has expired on the 15th. of Jan. But there are some Pugin updates that have come out before that date, that we did not install in time. 

Is it possiblie to just download the latest version that was available before Jan 15 and install this manually? 

An update via plugin manager is not possible. 

Just want to make sure, we don't end up with a version that is not working anymore... 

Thanks!
Kai 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

oh yeah, my smart-ass answer to the original yes/no question......wait for it.....

YES. It is possible.

and I wonder why I don't get more points...

-wc

2 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Kai,

actually you may have inadvertently answered your own question, which I took to be 'how can I do this' rather than the simple yes/no 'can this be done'.

just go grab a demo license from my.atlassian.com (for JIRA only) and install it in your system. then install versions of the plugins you know are valid for the licenses you paid for...once it's all up and running switch out the  demo license for your expired one.

that should work. just be sure you get complete backups and don't install anything released outside your maintenance window.

-wc

0 votes
KaiS July 22, 2015

HI William, thanks for your reply. We had a regular Server Licence. Plugins that I would like to update to the latest status within the licence period are Jira Agile und Tempo Timesheet. On Confluence it would be the Gliffi plugin. I of cause don't expect this to work with demo or test licences...! :)

0 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Wow - that's a great question! One that I sadly do not know the answer to. Question - what type of license did you/do you have? If it was a demonstration license it'll probably not do much, but since you cannot even log into a server with an expired demo license that's probably not what you've got. One thing about it is that I believe it'll be rather more 3rd party plugin dependent rather than 'if it works for plugin A, then it'll work for the rest of the alphabet plugins'. This is because each plugin vendor (for sale through the ATL marketplace) implements the plugin license libraries - however that doesn't mean that every use case that's ok with Atlassian will be ok with the vendor. For example, when you have a demonstration license then Atlassian will allow you to run any Atlassian plugin regardless of plugin license user tier. Most plugins seem to respect this, but some plugins complain that the user tier's don't match and puke. (i.e. not start up and/or be very useful). Not the best use case but one that I've seen. If you export your database to sql, do a xml backup, backup your home directory - you'll have everything you need to stand the instance you have right now back up just like it was. So you could experiment if you're feeling lucky... -wc To your concern about hosing up your JIRA instance

Suggest an answer