Plug-in suggestions When using Zephyr to gather Proof of Test

Misty Meyers December 9, 2019

I'm trying to identify an easy to implement, affordable, tool to assist us in gathering proof of test. We are using Jira Cloud. Currently we are considering also adding Zephyr as the test case management solution. I've seen a few videos on Capture, but they are so brief, it's difficult to determine if they'd work for my organization. What are some other favorites that work well with Zephyr?

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

I don't know if there are testing apps that integrate with Zephyr, but you could eventually check out browser plugins that make super easy to grab and annotate screenshots.

For Chrome, Awesome Screenshot is a great plugin, and there are others for Firefox, etc.

I think you could use this plugin to take shots, then attach them to Zephyr test results. Not perfectly integrated, but may work well.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

What do you mean by "proof of test"? It's a concept that could mean many different things.

Misty Meyers December 10, 2019

The evidence that supports that I tested the requirements and that the test was successful etc. In my case, we test software installed on a kiosk. There are manual steps, of keys to touch etc, but we can Team in to do some of the integration testing.  Therefore, in theory, we "could" possibly benefit from Capture. The marketing videos are so unhelpful though.

As is, we spend a lot of test time manually grabbing screen shots to prove we tested a requirement.

Suggest an answer