Please tell me there's a way to get estimates (story points) to show up in the cards on a kanban board ! And if so, how?

glenn bernsohn February 26, 2014

How do I get story points to show up on story cards on a kanban board? Have them on my scrum board. Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

The idea behind Kanban is to be able to pickup the next issue whenever ready with the previous one. You usually don't estimate or plan tasks in a Kanban way.

As far as I know there's no way to see the estimate (without opening the issue details).

glenn bernsohn February 27, 2014

Thanks Maarten. Understand Kanban's pull model. We do estimate user stories and was hoping to be able to notice things going over those on the board without multiple clicks. Oh well. I'll add it to my list of things I dislike about jira.

Jim Strange August 25, 2016

I bet that's a long list. Mine is. Still, the customer is always right so it must be a good tool right?

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels December 8, 2016

Hi Glenn,

Here I am again. By now you can show the estimation (Story Points) on your card. Go to your Board's Configuration and choose Card Layout on the left side. On that tab you can configure which fields should be shown on the card. Story Points is one of the possibilities.

Best,

Maarten

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

You can't customize the JIRA Agile cards, it's an open issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-3922

Suggest an answer