Please help with Service Desk Notification and Replies

Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2017

Hello,

A little background, our organization has been using Jira for many years but we only recently started implementing a couple Service Desk projects.

The first issue to come up was an SD user replying to an email notification, such as a new comment added, and the permisson scheme disallowing replies. To resolve that, I added 'jira-users' to the User role on the project and permissioned it such that the User role could add/edit comments and add attachments.

However, now when a user replies to an email notification, the reply comment comes in as INTERNAL and can't be viewed in the Service Desk front end.

Because of our history with Jira, our users are conditioned to reply to the emails, not go into the SD front end to add comments and/or attachments.

I know there must be a method where the communication can be handled both by email replies and through the SD front end but I don't know where to start.

Any help is much appreciated.

Michael J

1 answer

0 votes
Manu Mishra June 15, 2017

Hi Michael,

Check the permission scheme of that project and see the Users / Groups / Project Roles has been assigned to under "Ass Comments".

Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2017

Hi Manu,

Yes, 'jira-users' can add/edit comments. The problem is the email replies from the customer are coming in as INTERNAL comments. I want them to be standard comments so they can be viewed on both the front and back end.

Thanks, Michael J

Suggest an answer