Please assist. I get this error com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException:

Kevin Mashigo June 13, 2017

I get the following error when trying to access the Agile Board.

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.JqlParseException: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.RuntimeRecognitionException: NoViableAltException(59@[])

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

Hi Thomas,

In the instances I have seen that it has normally been due to an ill formed filter.  You'll find similar errors in JPOSERVER-74, the knowledge base article Faulty Filter causes internal server error or prevents JIRA Agile from upgrading and the Communities post ScriptRunner throwing NoViableAltException.

At this point I would check your filters and go from there.  The JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log and the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out log may be useful in determining which filter in particular is causing this behavior.  If they do not have the information you are looking I would next turn up jql logging in System Administration > System > Logging and Profiling.  Click DEBUG next to

• com.atlassian.jira.jql
  • com.atlassian.jira.jql.resolver

Next, try to access the board again. Once you do that, take a look at the logs and see if you get any additional useful information! 

Be sure to turn the logging back to INFO after your testing.

Cheers,

Branden

Kevin Mashigo June 13, 2017

Thanx a lot Branden. I will have a look

0 votes
Kevin Mashigo June 15, 2017

Thank you very much Branden. The filter that had a problem was rectified and all is now working fine. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Suggest an answer