Please assist. I get this error com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException:

I get the following error when trying to access the Agile Board.

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.JqlParseException: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.RuntimeRecognitionException: NoViableAltException(59@[])

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Thomas,

In the instances I have seen that it has normally been due to an ill formed filter.  You'll find similar errors in JPOSERVER-74, the knowledge base article Faulty Filter causes internal server error or prevents JIRA Agile from upgrading and the Communities post ScriptRunner throwing NoViableAltException.

At this point I would check your filters and go from there.  The JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log and the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out log may be useful in determining which filter in particular is causing this behavior.  If they do not have the information you are looking I would next turn up jql logging in System Administration > System > Logging and Profiling.  Click DEBUG next to

• com.atlassian.jira.jql
  • com.atlassian.jira.jql.resolver

Next, try to access the board again. Once you do that, take a look at the logs and see if you get any additional useful information! 

Be sure to turn the logging back to INFO after your testing.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanx a lot Branden. I will have a look

Thank you very much Branden. The filter that had a problem was rectified and all is now working fine. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

26 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you