Planview timesheets auto-filled from JIRA project activity?

Rob Davis November 20, 2011

Im my organisation we use the timesheets in Planview to track hours worked on projects.

Since this can be guesswork, I wondered if there was an automation such that activity of each user in JIRA (and other Atlassian products) could be used in an automation to populate the PlanView timesheets. Or, at the very least, suggest time worked and allow for adjustment before final submission of a timesheet for a week.

Also, as you might imagine, terminology used to refer to same projects can differ on different systems i.e. JIRA and PlanView, so a kind of "tag/category" mapping feature in the automation would also be helpful.

Searched here for PlanView but only found (which wouldn't answer my question at it is about login authentication):

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/1338/has-anyone-been-able-to-authenticate-planview-users-via-crowd

1 answer

0 votes
Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2011

Not sure about Planview but with Tempo you can track hours worked on projects or other types, such as version, component, team, and user.

Rob Davis November 29, 2011

Thanks @pjesi but... "In my organisation we use the timesheets in Planview" and " I wondered if there was an automation such that activity of each user in JIRA (and other Atlassian products) could be used in an automation to populate the PlanView timesheets." We are not using Tempo (at the moment), but it looks worth investigating. But we have to use PlanView, so I was looking for a solution that worked with that, as stated already.

Basil Jose July 4, 2017

Hi Rob,

We are in the same situation as well. Did you find a solution for this?

Melva Peed May 7, 2018

Hello -  We too use Planview for time tracking and will be moving to Tempo.  I need tempo timesheet to populate Planview.  Any updates on this?

Suggest an answer