Planning view for team availability in Tempo

forum question January 16, 2013

Thanks in advance.

I'm evaluating whether Tempo can solve my team planning needs. I've looked at http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Team+Timesheet and I've tried entering some data, but it still isn't clear whether Tempo can help me quickly see when people on a team are available.

The team view appears to only show numbers for worked time, whereas planned time is just colours: either orange for anything up to 100% or red for over 100%. If I'm looking at a team view for 10 people, it doesn't help me figure out which person is the next one available for a project. All I can see is whether they are overbooked or booked at all. The only planned time number I see is the sum of the entire team, so I can see that someone is free when that number is below 100% but I can't tell who is free.

It seems that I have to go to the view for each person to actually see how many hours he/she is allocated("planned") for the rest of the year.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi

Thanks for bringing this up as this seems to be a bug in the Team Timesheet. Please see the screenshot on this issue https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTMPO-530.

On the timesheet you see that Bob is planned for 4 hours but the planning bar on top level is complete. That bar should be 20% orange to show the correct team availability for the day.

Please verify that I understand your question

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

The link you included does not work. It takes me to a page that says "Project does not exist."

But I think I understand your comment. If the orange bar is meant to be sized with the planned allocation (i.e., 20% orange colour for 20% planned), then yes that is a bug and fixing it would help with my question.

It wouldn't completely solve the issue as it would be difficult to get an accurate number from that little bar. But don't get me wrong, it would be better that no breakdown at all for planned time, which is what I'm seeing now.

How do I submit the bug to the Tempo team?

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

The correct link should be:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTMPO-530

The URLthat was given accidentally contains a period at the end.

Thanks Mark and Sverrir. I see that your example shows the issue. The bar above Bob should not be 100% orange. I'm 'glad' it's a bug and there is meant to be some way to get this info without having to check each team member's planned time.

cheers

Suggest an answer