Planning on upgrdataion JIRA

harish Kumar September 20, 2012

we need to upgrade JIRA 4.4.4 and GH 5.7.so you please suggest for which version we need to go wheteher JIRA 5.0 or JIRA 5.1 in production.we came to know there are so many advantages in JIRA 5.1 but we need to put Greenhopper plugin 5.9 on JIRA(i.e latest JIRA).So please suggest the version of JIRA and GH.please reply asap

4 answers

0 votes
harish Kumar October 5, 2012

Hi Harry,

I have enable proxy settings then it is enable in jira 4.4.4 and which contains GH 5.7 but i perform upgrade jira to 5.0.7 after it is upgraded i cant find GH in jira 5.0.7 since i need to upgrade Gh to 5.9.8 instance.please let how this migration of jira and Gh activity needs to perform

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

Is your UPM working correctly? It might not be. First, check to see if you can reach the marketplace through the UPM. If it is not working, you will need to do a manual upgrade of the UPM to the latest version supported by Jira that you have installed, I am assuming it is 5.0.7.

Once UPM is working, you should be able upgrade Greenhopper through the UPM.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

I would suggest you not put the plugin in manually. Remove this and use UPM to install it or upload it from the UPM interface. Also, check the logs of why you cannot enable it.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

I didn't completely understand your last comment Harish. But my guess is that you need to upgrade the GreenHopper plugin from UPM and it should work.

harish Kumar October 4, 2012

Hi renjith,

I have installed JIRA 4.4.4 in my machine after installing i can see my Greenhopper is disable i want to make enable.For enabling i have put greenhopper 5.7 plugin in .bundled plugins as well transformed plugin.when i tried to make plugin as enable it is not happening.let me know y it is happening?

we need to upgrade jira to 5.0.7 and GH 5.9.8 but before only Gh 5.7 is not enabling in jira 4.4.4.how we need to perform this activity. Please find screen shot

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2012

Hi Harish,

Regarding the upgrade, you can simply upgrade your JIRA to the latest JIRA version (5.1.5) since you are currently on 4.4.4.

But keep in mind that greenhopper 5.9 is only compatible with JIRA up to 5.0.7. If you upgrade to the latest JIRA version, you'll have to use a later greenhopper version (latest is 6.0.3).

Hope this helps,

Marcus Silveira

harish Kumar October 3, 2012

Hi Marcus,

I installed new jira setup 4.4.4 and after that i checeked greenhopper i disabled.wheni click on that plugin it coming to make as enable.what may be the problem?

Suggest an answer