Planning in Jira Agile. Plan mode in simplified Agile not showing all cards

mconstant February 13, 2014

Hi. I created a board for a project and it doesn't show all cards for the project on it. The board filter is set to include all issues in the project. Why is this happening. I have another Kanban board that shows all the cards. Why is the new board only showing new cards I create?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2014

Hi David,

If I'm not mistaken, the new board that you created is a Scrum board and you're mentioning Plan mode which is not available in Kanban boards. If that's the case, only the following issues will be shown (according to Using Plan Mode):

• the issue is not a Sub-Task
  • the issue matches the board's Saved Filter
  • the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns (but not the 'Done' column)
  • there is at least a status being mapped to the right most column. Eg. If you have the columns To Do, In Progress, and Done, ensure that you have a status mapped to In Progress at least. If you map all the statuses to the first column (To Do), you will not be able to see any issues in the Backlog

I think you're mapping Resolved and Closed statuses to the Done column hence all resolved/closed issues will not appear in the backlog. However, this behavior should be expected as Scrum boards are meant for planning thus completed issues should not be visible any more.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer