Planning an Issue wiht Tempo Timesheet - remaining estimate / due dat eetc.

Andreas Buschmann December 5, 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating the Tempo Timesheet plugin and have the following question (haven't found anything in the documentation or the pruduct):

I have an issue with an original estimate of lets say 83 hours. I want to plan this issues and add it to the timeline. I know that i can start work on the 10th of december. I also have a vacation (already planned as internal activity) from december 19th to january 1st. I know I can spend 6 hours per day on this issue. I think this is a quite normal use case. How do I plan this?

If I use the "plan time" screen I first have to select a period. Do I really have to calculate the duration of the issue by hand? Once I have entered a first planned period (10th of december - 19th of december) I cannot see how many time is left to work if I start to plan a second period in january.

What is the best way to plan?

What I would expect is:

If i have 83hours estimate and I enter a start date and assign 6 hours a day the end date should be calculated automatically based on the avialble time.

Is there anything possible like this?

Andreas

3 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Hi Andreas,

In the Plan Time dialog, you get the number of hours you are planning after the required hours in your workload scheme (availability and working days). Then you can add how many hour a day you really want to plan. You get no update on how many days, or until what date, you will have to plan so you can finish the estimated hour.

This has been requested in (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-212)

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you'd like to contribute to this request, please vote on it and add a comment that will help Tempo developers to implement this request.

Kind regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Hi Andreas,

This is not supported in the current Tempo Timesheets version, but it has been requested in (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-212)

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you'd like to contribute to this request, please vote on it and add a comment that will help Tempo developers to implement this request.

Kind regards

Susanne (Tempo)

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

On the plan time screen, if you give a period and provide how much time you can spend in a day, the availability gets automatically populated.

e.g. if u say Mr X will work 5 hours/day and you give a period of 16 days (working), then field availability will show you how much time has been planned and how much is left, so you can either change one of the two variables above to accomodate the remaining time (or the other way round)

If there is holiday planned, and you do not know Mr X is on holiday. Then first, before planning i would go to the monthly tempo view for the user to check how much availability Mr X has over this period and plan accordingly.

The other option is to set a workload scheme of 8 hours/day So if 8 hours is consumed by internal leaves etc then system will highlight as red in the tempo view that the over planning has been done and there is a need for re planning.

Rahul

Suggest an answer