Plain text email in Jira Service Desk 3.2.8

Arpan Mehetre June 23, 2017

Hi All, We have recently upgraded our Jira from 7.2.6 to 7.2.8 and have configured the JSD project on it with ver 3.2.8. The out of the box notifications which we were getting from 7.2.6 were HTMl but in 7.2.8 are plain text.

I also checked all the settings related to Email Prefereneces in User Profile, Application Level and for all it is set as HTML only.

I want the emails to be in HTML format. Please help.

Thanks.

Update

After testing it thoroughly I found that - Notification triggered to Assigneee are in HTML format; but to Reporter are in Plain Text.

1 answer

0 votes
neville_collins November 28, 2017

Did you managed to get this fixed with external emails being sent as rich/html formatted text to customers?

Arpan Mehetre December 22, 2017

@neville_collins

There are two things here - 

1)You need to check the Email Type set under Preferences in your Jira Profile. If it is HTML then you will receive in rich text format. 

2)We noticed that the requestors of the tickets are getting the emails in rich text format; but the agents/assignee's are still receiving in plain Jira format. In our case, it is happening due to - we are hosting our Jira Service Desk project on Jira instance. We do not have separate instance for our Jira Service Desk project.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer