Pie chart on dashboard now does not show the saved query name

Goutham Kanade August 24, 2015

Pie chart header now reads "Pie Chart: JQL Query", but it was earlier "Pie Chart: <SavedQueryName" which was more user friendly.

5 answers

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2015

Hi everyone, 

There is currently an open bug for this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44824.  The bug has been verified so please watch the bug for the latest information on it.

Thanks for your patience. 

Keri 

0 votes
Cian Leahy September 2, 2015

I'm in the same boat - most of my dashboards are unusable as well

0 votes
AntonyB August 25, 2015

Yes, this is broken with the latest update.
I have a few dashboards with only charts and now I can't which is which.

Interestingly, following up the "Total Issues" link goes to a query with no name... saving it doesn't help.
Doing the same thing from a "Filter Result" gadget shows the saved search.

So I think the chart plugin lost it's ability to relate to a save search.... Atlassian, please fix! It's VERY annoying and makes charts unuseable

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

If that's the case, you may want to open up a ticket against Atlassian Support (support.atlassian.com) so that they can work on it immediately, They monitor these forums but actual support/bugs are worked on the support site.

Vinodkumar August 31, 2015

Is this fixed? the pie charts are unusable without the saved query names in the heading.

Vinodkumar August 31, 2015

Is this fixed? the pie charts are unusable without the saved query names in the heading.

0 votes
Liam O'Gara August 25, 2015

I am experiencing this same issue after today's update.  All pie chart gadgets are showing "JQL Query" instead of the actual filter name.  I have confirmed that the filters still exist and their names haven't changed.  I tested two things: 1) I recreated a pie gadget and selected the same filter.  2) I created a brand new filter and selected that for the pie gadget.  In both cases the filter name does not display, still says "JQL Query" in the gadget title.  The other gadget types appear to be not affected; however, I don't use all gadgets so I haven't verified this statement.  From looking at my dashboard I see that Two Dimensional, Created Vs Resolved, Agile Sprint Health, and Filter Results gadgets all still show the filter name.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

When you add a pie chart to your dashboard, the name that it will display will be inherited from the Project or JQL that you have put on the config screen. So, there is a possibility the JQL Query you used for this pie chart got removed/deleted, name altered or something else. Check if it's the case.

Suggest an answer