Pie chart gadget does not allow field of "read-only text field" type

Julio Mugabe June 28, 2012

Steps to reproduce:

* Create a field called abc and give it read-only text field type

* Place it on some view screens

* Tie it to some actions in the workflow so it can get populated programatically.

* Go to your dashboard, add a pie chart gadget, under the statistic type, it lists all fields but does not list the ones with read-only text field type.

If I recreate this field using another type e.g. select list and it will appear in the pie chart but I lose the read-only attribute on it. Again, if I use select list and only place it on the view screen and not the edit screen, it can still get edited via bulk edit.

Please let me know what I can do to main the read-only status and have this field appear in the pie-chart.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2012

Hey Julius,

I'd say the reason the JIRA Charting Plugin doesn't currently support this Custom Field (it comes from the Importers plugin) is most likely because it was never designed to be used as a standard JIRA Custom Field. Given that it's not viewable on the standard issue screens or modifiable without a third-party plugin, it may be that the Charting Plugin isn't able to use it at all. I couldn't say that for certain without checking with the importers plugin developers.

I have raised an improvement request for you under JCHART-427 - please watch and vote on that issue for future updates from the Charting Plugin developers. As it is attempting to work with a field that is designed explicitly for Mantis importing, there may be some issues with the implementation, so please keep that in mind.

Cheers,

Dave

Suggest an answer