Pie chart based on filters

Cristina Surd April 28, 2013

Hello,

I have a question: is it possible to create a pie chart on a filter (that contains multiple filters) and the pie chart to be divided by each sub-filter?

ex. part 1 or the pie = filter x

part 2 or the pie = filter y

etc

Thanks,

Cristina

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi Cristina, since the gadgets allow only one filter per gadget I don't think it's possible in a 'normal' way. Maybe doing some coding and creating your own gadget, but the problem is that as I see you are using OD version so wouldn't be possible to do that either.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Using some bidimensonal gadgets on the dashboard could be a possible workaround. It all depends on what kind of information you want to see.

Cristina Surd April 29, 2013

Thanks for your fast answer. I'll try to do an work-around, based on Groups or something.

Cristina Surd April 29, 2013

Hi Ramiro,

Well.. I want to see a graph that contains three major groups/parts: each group/part is based on ~10 input conditions.

So, bidimensional wouldnt work in this case. Only with further, manual calcules, which does not help.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Yes... I thought it wasn't going to be easy

Staffan Nilsson November 14, 2016

I have the same question. It seems to me that this would be very useful. Anyone found an answer yet?

1 vote
Finny Rajmann April 18, 2017

Hi,

It looks like the question was asked long back. But just found this. You can create a saved filter and then use it as source to create a pie chart using another filter.

Josh Aufderheide June 11, 2019

How do you do this? I wold like to make a pie chart that comapres 2 different filters.

mariam ahmadi July 11, 2019

Also interested in this answer.

0 votes
Diogo Oliveira July 24, 2019

Of course you can simply create a new filter that joins both filters you want to chart, but that would only work if you have a field that differentiates both.

For example, if each filter A and B apply to 2 different projects, you could create a filter C with JQL:

filter = "A" OR filter = "B"

And simply use C in your pie chart, having "Project" for Statistic Type.

Suggest an answer