Pie chart JQl query issue

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi,

We have a Jql query which searches for certain issues.The query is like

Key in(xxx,xxx,xxx..........172ndxxx).Like this there are 172 keys present.The issue now is that the query throws error when we click the pie chart.Its kind of strange because the query would normally give correct output.But if we click pie chart it throws peculiar error like bracket missing whereas the query used doesnt have this problem.

I am doubtful if its the number of keys i have given for the "IN" clause the problem.Beacause when i give just 127 keys it works.Fails just when i extend it to 172.

Can anyone let me know if i am right in thinking that way?

Regards,

SAP

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2013

Hi This issue has been accepted by atlassian as a problem in the Jira version 5.2.10.This was said to be resolved in Jira 5.2.10.However this issue still persists in Jira 6.0.2 and i have raised a problem ticket regarding the same.

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Well its a request made to me and it came up because this query is used as the filter for the pie chart.When u click a pie it gives the error that"page cannot be displayed".Click the diagonise connection and then close it redirects to the required search page where the error pops up that "Bracket is missing".even if we edit and save it next time we face the same issue.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2013

Could you not use a label or custom field to group those 172 issue together and get a much neater and shorter query?

btw: which error is thrown?

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Well when i click the pie chart what happemns is that the query stops in between even without a closing bracket and hence the error comes.But i dont get how that happens.I checked now and it gets cut off at 1659 charecters.Add to that And project="xxxxxxx".It doesnt cross 2000.So i guess that couldnt be the reason.Am i right?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Well I tried to reproduce your error, but no success. Used a query with 1991 characters, and then clicked the pie. No error occured and the query is now 2010 characters long.

Strange since I cannot paste a query into query field with more than 2000 characters (it truncates). So i was wrong with my assumption.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

I guess your query becomes too long. Your original query is less than 2000 characters (and works), once you click on a pie off the pie chart an additional statement is added to the original query and it becomes longer than 2000 character.

Please confirm with your 127 Key query and see what statement is added, then try to add this statement to your 172 key query (and check the length).

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

I just tried and could not enter more then 2000 characters

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Is there any length limit to a particular query?

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

is there like a reason why the error comes only while clicking from the pie chart?

Suggest an answer