Pie Charts on custom Dashboard as per fix version

Jayant Saxena July 7, 2013

We need to display Pie Charts on custom Dashboard with
Statistic Type:Issue Type
But we have noticed there is no provision to display these issue types based on fix version.
Example: I want to know how many issues has been Open, Closed, In Progress, Ready for Test and Resolved in fix version 1.1 of a Project.
Please suggest if how can show issues based on versions of fix.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

One way to handle this is to create a filter that returns only the issues for the version you are interested in. Search for something like project=[whatever your project key is] AND fixVersion=[whatever version name you want]. Save that as a filter, share the filter with the appropriate groups, and then use it in your Pie Chart. Of course you will have to share the dashboard, too.

The downside: you have to create a new filter for each version you want to display separately.

That said, are you trying to show Issue Type in your Pie Chart or do you really want Status? Your example of Open, Closed, In Progress, etc is all about status, not issue type. Issue type would be Problem (Bug), Task, New Feature, etc.

0 votes
Jayant Saxena July 7, 2013

Hello Mr. Randall Robertson,

Thanks for your response.

My mistake, Pie Chart has statistic type : Issue Status only. I want to display Pie Charts to be affect/fix version specific displaying the Issues Types.

The way you have explained worked perfectly.

Thanks once again.

Suggest an answer