Pie Chart gadget putting random users in "other" category?

Bern Abplanalp August 22, 2014

The pie chart results for my query based on Statistic Type = "assignee" provides the following results:

• 10 "slices" with accurate Assignees and counts of issues assigned to them, e.g. User "Bob" with 8 issues, User "Sue" with 6 issues, User "Mark" with 3 issues, etc...
  • 1 "slice" with accurate "unassigned" issues, i.e. the query results for the graph include 7 issues without an assignee, so that pie slice in the chart is labeled "unassigned = 7"
  • 1 slice called "other" with 13 issues.

My confusion/problem is with that "other" slice of 13 issues. They all have legitimate users with legitimate tickets assigned. None of the users included in this "other" slice are included in the other named slices, so I'm lead to assume that either a) the design of the pie chart is such that it has a maximum # of slices = 12, and once it reaches the 11 slices, everyone else is piled into an "other" slice, or b) this is a bug.

Can you clarify what's going on, known issue, user error?

1 answer

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

Hi, 

my support collegue experienced the same. As I watched the "others" in filtered and ordered list I could detect a max count of results. Max result of the same type (e. g. assignee)  was 3. Results of 4 and bigger were displayed in the pie as expected.

Cheers, Mario

PS: I'd love to know if this behaviour is configurable.

Suggest an answer