Pie Chart Gadget Display

skddjj July 26, 2017

I'm showing a pie chart gadget in my dashboard displaying the # of open issues per resource, but it is limited to only displaying 10 repsources and I have to mouse over Other to see the remaining resources. I want to show all of them. How do I do this?

4 answers

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

Hi @skddjj ,

Our app Custom Charts for Jira allows you to create a pie chart with a very large number of segments (over 250+ if you need that many).

You can also change the colors and edit the order which keeps your pie charts consistent every day.

You can try the app right now on our interactive app playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-for-jira

Custom Charts Pie Chart Segments.png

I hope that helps everyone that is looking for a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Chris Terry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out about this issue. Indeed, the pie chart is limited to 10-11 slices maximum for most statistic types so that it remains readable, and then all other variables are grouped in the "Other" slice.

Here are a few feature requests which are being used to gather customer feedback:

I encourage you to Vote on the feature requests to increase their popularity and Watch to stay informed of progress going forward per our Implementation of New Features Policy.

There are also a number of 3rd-party reporting apps that might be of assistance in the interim.

Cheers,

Chris

0 votes
skddjj July 31, 2017

Capture.GIF

This is what I see. It lists a number of resource names, 10. Then "Other" is the option for the remaining resources. When I mouse over the popus shows the rest of the names. I just want all the names to show up with no "Other" or popup.

Dave Marsico August 15, 2017

I'm also encountering this limit with JIRA 7.2.7,  is this a published behavior?  and is there any way to extend the number past 10?

manoj April 5, 2019

Is there any solution ?

David May 1, 2019

My customer just asked for the same thing. They want to see all of the items not have an "Other" category. Has anyone found out how to do this?

Bhargavi August 21, 2019

i'm also facing same thing..is there any solution?

Dominique Pass November 27, 2019

I have 17 variables but my pie chart is too only showing the full names of 10 of the variables and then a bulk 'Other' combining the remaining 7 variables.

I would like to view the 17 variable all at once, I hope there is a solution soon since this thread was first raised 2 years ago in 2017.

0 votes
Yugank Bhatnagar July 26, 2017

Hi 

I am unable to create the issue. Can you please check your filter which the chart is referring to. 

skddjj July 31, 2017

Presentation1.png

Suggest an answer