Pick-list for labels when using Basic Search

Andrew Wolan January 31, 2014

He's a question my JIRA users have been asking about for some time.

When using "Basic Search", the user has the option of selecting "More Criteria" and then adding "Label" as a criterion. However, if order to use a Label name properly in the search, the user must spell the label name exactly as it is defined, including casing. Otherwise, search will uncover nothing.

This wouldn't be a problem if the user was given suggestions when typing a label names, or, better yet, was presented a pick-list of all labels which to select. These handy features exist when EDITING a ticket, but are absent during search which is rather frustrating.

If there a plug-in or a work-around I can do to force the "Label" criteria to display a pick-list when using Basic Search?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2014

I just tried in JIRA 6.2 to do a basic search with labels. When I select "More Criteria" and add Label there comes a field where I can enter a values ("Find Labels..."). If I type some letters, below that field there are possible matches listed and I can simply check the ones I want to filter for. So what you are looking for is implemented.

Which version are you using? Which browser (I used Firefox 26)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2014

A pick list wouldn't work anyway. Think of a system where you've got hundreds or more labels...

0 votes
Andrew Wolan January 31, 2014

We're using JIRA v5.2.11. I'm using Chrome (latest version.) If this is something that is implemented in a later version of JIRA, then I'll just ask people to hold-up until we upgrade to 6.x

Suggest an answer