Personnalize Assignee Field for one project

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

I'd like to personnalize the assignee field for one project by adding a specific description for this project ... Is it possible ?

2 answers

1 vote
randy zhu September 20, 2016

You can set a description by using the default assignee field by creating a new field configuration scheme and field configuration then set the field configuration to the applicable project. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/specifying-field-behavior-802592555.html

Not 100% what the background and usage but another option is to create a new  user picker custom field if you need the signal for "assignee" to be more clear when creating the issue then create a post-workflow function to copy the user from that custom field to assignee then set the appropriate field visibilities on-screen. 

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Hi Antoine,

You may add a description custom field and set its context to be valid only for you project and add it to the screens which are used by the project

Regards,

Peter

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

what kind of custom field is "Description custom field" ? Is it an add on ?

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

You can create a new custom field named Assignee Description of type text field (multi line)

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

But it'll not be a read-only field ...

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

Do you want to have just an additional label for the specified project, or a field which will be editable?

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

I'd like a description for the assignee field.. But if i edit the true assignee field, the description will be present in each project ... What i want is a second assignee field with a specific description that will be present in a specific project

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

For message fields you may try the JIRA Toolkit plugin which offers message fields for both view/edit screens. Here's a sample which shows how to add message fields.

Regards,

Peter

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

Do you know an alternative about JIRA toolkit plugin?

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

I don't think that this is available with native functionality and you will need a plugin for it. What kind of alternative do you search? JIRA Toolkit is available for both cloud and server and it is free

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

I've already tested with JIRA toolkit plugin but i need an other alternative ...

Suggest an answer