Permissions using People selection on project administration

Stephen Jackson May 30, 2012

I want the permissions scheme to work based on the People selection made at the project level. Currently it appears i have to create a permissions scheme for every project. I just want the permissions to work by who is added to the project at that level.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

All you need to do is to add project roles in the permission schemes instead of individual users or groups. Once the project roles are there, you can drive it from the People section.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

Nope. Use the same permission scheme that uses project roles. The actual people in that role is manage by the project administrator in the people section.

so then I still need to create individual permission schemes per project

So let me reiterate the steps, please correct me where I am wrong:

1) For every project create a new role

2) Add that role to the permissions scheme

3) In the People section add the users to that role

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

No, you don't create a new role for every project. Roles are shared across projects. Only the members in a role changes for projects. I hope that is what you meant by step 1.

Step 2 and 3 are correct.

Suggest an answer