Permissions totally screwed up

Roberto Colombo January 28, 2021

Hi,

I've tried to make some changes to security / users permissions today. After that, I actually don't know what I did but now I can't almost make anything in Jira, even managing apps that I installed just this morning. My user should be the highest since I was the one that created the account.

Is there a way to completely reset permissions? I'm totally stuck now and my collaborators can't do their job too :-|

Thank you in advance.

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

unless you simply created a new scheme and directly edited the active one there is no easy way to get back to the pre-edited version. :-(

Roberto Colombo January 28, 2021

Hi Jack,

thank you for the quick feedback. However, I don't have a paid plan, and I have no idea how to solve this mess I created... Is there any way to fix things? Even with a bullet-point instruction list...?

Thank you, regards

Roberto

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

TBH, without understanding what was done I wouldn't know how to unwind it. If you made the changes you are in the best position unfortunately. With that said, here are some docs that may help if you have not already seen. Depending on how deep you are into this project you might just try to get back to basic permission and remove any/all issue level security changes.

how-do-jira-permissions-work 

configuring-issue-level-security 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Assuming you have administrator permissions anymore at least you could cross check with Audit Log (https://YourGreatSite.atlassian.net/auditing/view) if there is something recorded which correlates which the changes you have made.

In case you are also missing administrator privileges (which the fact suggests that you are not able to manage Apps anymore) you should be able to get them back adjusting the permissions on https://admin.atlassian.com (at least assuming you are still Organization admin).

Suggest an answer