Permissions to close tasks

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

I have a problem with the permissions. I can't set permissions to closing task only for me, not for my developers. I've checked the settings, everything i set properly and... they can closing tasks. How can I solve that problem?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2014

What condltions do you have on your workflow? Specifically the conditions on the "close issue" transition(s)? It sounds like you may have checked the users access and membership of various groups and roles, but not put any condions on the worfklow, so the actions are wide open. If I'm right there, you probably want to add something like "only people who have the "close" permission can do this"

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

In "Permission Schemes" I have: "Close Issues: Ability to close issues. Often useful where your developers resolve issues, and a QA department closes them." set only for Project Role (Administrators). In my workflow "close" means setting issue as "DONE" / "END" / "RESOLVED". I want to use this workflow as a bugtracker. In the transition in the "Post Functions" I have "The Resolution of the issue will be set to Reselved". Is this set properly?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

And what are the conditions of the relevant transitions ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2014

I think it's important to mention that many of the "permissions" are actually just flags that get used by various bits of code.

For example, the permission "edit" is used by the code that provides the "edit" link and the "inline edit".

In the case of "close" though, it's not really directly coded. It used to be that the workflow stopped people having "close" if they didn't have the permission, but a long time ago, that moved into the workflow - there are now "conditions" in workflows that use the permission. And you can change/remove them - so you can end up with a scheme that says "user has close permission", which does absolutely nothing.

So, you really do need to look at the conditions on your workflow.

By the way, yes, the post-function looks fine. But you need to be looking at the conditions, not the post-functions

1 vote
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

It's working. Thank you :)

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Thanks

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

How can I close this topic?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Just accept one or all the answers

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

That's the point :) I have no conditions in the transitions. That's probably the solution. I'll check it

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2014

Can you give more information - Which permissions have you modified and what does "close" means in the context of your workflow - to which status/step does close correspond?

Suggest an answer