Permissions on transitions

bhavani chandrasekhar May 15, 2015

Hello, 

I am struck with at one step.

I have created a new work flow which is for leave steps, now i need to allow only reporter to Cancel Leave (Cancel Leave is a transition). how do i do that? I tried giving condition, it didnt work at all sad

Pls help me on this. this is a priority task for me.

Thanks in advance

5 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

The condition for 'Cancel Leave' looks ok. On IN-29 who is the reporter and who is assignee? If both aren't you the missing workflow buttons are ok.

If you are in one of these issue roles, please check if you have transition issue permission.

bhavani chandrasekhar May 25, 2015

I am the reporter on this, so i should get Cancel Leave option ? but i dont see that

Should I set the reporter or Assignee exclusively somewhere for this Issue Type ?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

Take a look at the permission scheme for this IN project. Please check if you have transition issue permission.

bhavani chandrasekhar May 26, 2015

Thanks a lot it really helped me, it was a transition permissions issue :) Just one more question i have 1. When i try to Approve or cancel a leave-> I see the entire screen coming up, instead i need only Comments box to come up, Can u pls tell me how can I do those changes ?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2015

The transition screen used is defined in your transition as well. So create a screen with no fields (Comment field will always show up) and use that one in your transition.

bhavani chandrasekhar May 28, 2015

Thanks you, you guys are helping me a lot

0 votes

and this is how the thing looks

Pls help me on this

0 votes

0 votes
0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2015

You are on the right track, use only reporter condition on that cancel leave transition. See also

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

bhavani chandrasekhar May 21, 2015

I tried the same thing... but still am unable to get it. I am really not able to understand where I am going wrong, but my screen does not show 2 transitions 

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2015

Can you post the workflow with conditions of your transition?

Brian Sweet March 23, 2021

@Udo Brand Setting that condition for a particular transition worked perfectly. Thanks.

Suggest an answer