Permissions on Parent Ticket vs Sub-Task

Scott McDonald December 21, 2017

Hello:

I have a parent ticket with 10 subtasks included, which only 5 of them are assigned to a specific user.  The user that is assigned to those 5 can't see all of the subtasks on the parent ticket.  The way I am reading the permissions is that if you have the browse permission, you should be able to see all issues within the project, regardless assignee or not. 

Is that true?  Is there something more I should be looking at?

Thank you,
Scott

4 answers

0 votes
Jyoti Bisoi May 28, 2019

If a security scheme is applied here, How can we get a read only view and status without a link to the sub-task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2019

You don't.  Security is about hiding issues, not fields.  You can either see an issue or you can not.  Sub-tasks take on the security of their parent.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Could you have "assignee browse" permission enabled?

To check this, go to a temporary/test permission scheme and try adding a new permission to it.  At the bottom of the list of types (Group, role, assignee, reporter, etc) are you offered "Reporter Browse" and/or "assignee browse"?  As well as the normal "assignee" and "reporter" options

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

I'm out of ideas then

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

It sounds like you have a issue security scheme attached. It could be a scheme where only the assignee can see them. 

To throw another wrench in the mix, I, as an admin, can click on the Parent ticket and see all 10 subtasks. I'm not the assignee, nor a watcher, etc.  I'm only a sys admin and admin to the project. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

The scheme could also permit the project admin. You need to find out if a security scheme is being applied. Look up security schemes in the documentaion

It doesn't appear a scheme is associated.  When I view the Issue Security Schemes, none are tied to the project I'm working out of.  When I click "Configure Fields". "where's my field" under the edit screen of an issue, I am presented this message: The Security Level system is not present because the project 'Identity Lifecycle Management' has no security scheme associated with it.  To solve this issue, go to the 'Identity Lifecycle Management' project security configuration and add a security scheme for this project.

Suggest an answer