Permission user to Project

Renan de SIlva e Souza September 1, 2013

I would like to take the next question.

I have a project called "X" in this project is the group "developers" and this group has access to almost complete a project.

I have another project called "Y" and this project a particular user can not create, edit or move an Issue.

how can I make this setting within the Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2013

You can have a different Permission Schemes for project X and Y. Where on project X, you can configure jira-developers group to have all the permissions. While on project Y, you can configure to let user A to only have the Browse Project permission for example.

When going through Permission Schemes, you may noticed Project Roles. It is quite interesting if you would like to have the same permission for project A and B, but slight different users to have some particular permissions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2013

Look at the permission scheme for project Y. It will say things like "Create: group of users, or users in role", "Edit: reporter, assignee, group of users", "Move: project lead, system admins". And lots more.

Once you know what roles or groups the user needs to be in, amend their account to match (if it's roles, then add them to the right role in the project)

Suggest an answer