Permission to view the created issue

Rui Lourenco June 18, 2015

We have been using JIRA to manage our development for a few years and haven't really made many changes.

Now we would like to create a new issue type for QA defects and I can't seem to figure out why we are getting this error.

I've tried creating several new projects, and using the current schemes for everything and I still get the following error when creating a ticket:

"You have successfully created the issue (TP-7), however you do not have the permission to view the created issue.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators."

My account is part of the JIRA Administrators group.

I checked the browse project permission and it's for JIRA Users.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Rui Lourenco

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2015

I suspect you've answered your own question:

>My account is part of the JIRA Administrators group.

>I checked the browse project permission and it's for JIRA Users.

JIRA admins is a different group.  You need to be in the JIRA Users group to see that project.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2015

Hello Rui, 

Please, be sure that your user has the permission to browse projects for this specific one and you can also run the permission helper in order to get a better information results about your permissions over that issue.

Suggest an answer