Permission to view Proejcts

[]D []-[] [] []_ August 21, 2014

Hey there,

my goal is to create a group for external users, which are only permitted to browse single projects.

I created a User 'guest', assigned him to the Group 'jira-guests' and removed him from 'jira-users'. The group 'jira-guests' got jira-user global permission. The user 'guest' got no project-permissions. We have two permission-schemes assigned to our projects.

My Problem is that Projects which uses the attached Project-permissions (scheme) can be seen by the 'guest'-user.. i can not figure out why it is possible to list these projects with the 'guest'-user?!

cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

If they are not inside one of the roles (R4 - R1) - then because of user custom field value. As you can put that user to that custom field - the project itself is visible to guest, but no issues from it.

[]D []-[] [] []_ August 21, 2014

You re right, thanks!

That s annoying.. so i can either store additional assignees in the customfield OR grant external users access?!

Suggest an answer