Permission to edit issues from Portfolio

Deleted user July 27, 2016

Hi,

There is something that I don't understand with Portfolio global permissions. I have a certain user group that are Portfolio Administrators and Portfolio Users. The rest of the users in JIRA are Portfolio Restricted Users. However, a Restricted User can change the remaining estimate on an issue from Portfolio. Is this normal? Isn't the point of the Restricted User permission to prevent such changes? 

Thanks for your help!

Nic

2 answers

0 votes
Villarasan Kumar September 1, 2018

me too facing this issue, the users with "restricted portfolio user" access is able to update/edit issues from the portfolio plan, i dont see any differences between the "portfolio user" and "portfolio restricted user". please help, is this the way of its working.

0 votes
Eduardo Masiero
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2016

Greetings Nicolas! The "portfolio restricted" role you mention is just a way to make a user dedicated to Portfolio feature (there say's that he will not be able to manipulate JIRA stuff like issues and projects, will be restricted to Portfolio changes Only).  For removing access to portfolio you got to remove plan by plan, as per default any user can at least see a plan. So you'll have to access the Plan (or each one of them) and follow these instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAPortfolioCloud/Configuring+plan+permissions. I recommend you to create a group "Able to View portfolio" and add all users who should view that plan to this group, then you add this group to the permission, all others without it won't be able to access. smile

Hope that helps you!

Theody Magill July 10, 2017

Hello Eduardo,
Following on from Nicolas,

My understanding was that the users within the "Restricted User" group would be able to make changes, but not then commit them, a "Portfolio User" would then commit.

How do I allow for someone to make changes to the plan, but not make commitments that then alter issues issue themselves?

I am looking to create a level of governance that would have some sort of hierarchial system of a general user (read only), collaborator, and a manager (rights to make those decisions)

Theody Magill July 10, 2017

Currently testing out the system and for the user group within "Portfolio Restricted User" is then able to change the description and estimations, as well as commit them?

I am looking for changes yes, commitments no.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events