Permission to edit issues from Portfolio

Hi,

There is something that I don't understand with Portfolio global permissions. I have a certain user group that are Portfolio Administrators and Portfolio Users. The rest of the users in JIRA are Portfolio Restricted Users. However, a Restricted User can change the remaining estimate on an issue from Portfolio. Is this normal? Isn't the point of the Restricted User permission to prevent such changes? 

Thanks for your help!

Nic

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Greetings Nicolas! The "portfolio restricted" role you mention is just a way to make a user dedicated to Portfolio feature (there say's that he will not be able to manipulate JIRA stuff like issues and projects, will be restricted to Portfolio changes Only).  For removing access to portfolio you got to remove plan by plan, as per default any user can at least see a plan. So you'll have to access the Plan (or each one of them) and follow these instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAPortfolioCloud/Configuring+plan+permissions. I recommend you to create a group "Able to View portfolio" and add all users who should view that plan to this group, then you add this group to the permission, all others without it won't be able to access. smile

Hope that helps you!

Hello Eduardo,
Following on from Nicolas,

My understanding was that the users within the "Restricted User" group would be able to make changes, but not then commit them, a "Portfolio User" would then commit.

How do I allow for someone to make changes to the plan, but not make commitments that then alter issues issue themselves?

I am looking to create a level of governance that would have some sort of hierarchial system of a general user (read only), collaborator, and a manager (rights to make those decisions)

Currently testing out the system and for the user group within "Portfolio Restricted User" is then able to change the description and estimations, as well as commit them?

I am looking for changes yes, commitments no.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you