Permission to create fix version while in a story

Mary Fernquist-Anderson May 13, 2015

As an administrator, I can create a new version by typing it into the fix version field  of a story.  (See picture)

fix version.png

What permission allows the ability create a new fix version within a story?  I don't see it called out in the project permissions explanation that I can configure for my project.

Managing Project Permissions

Now that we are on Kanban, my team members do not have the ability to create a version on the Planning Board.  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2015

It's a function of the Agile addon, rather than JIRA, hence it's not mentioned in the page you point to (as that is JIRA only).

It is implied there though - creating new versions is something only someone with project admin rights can do, and that permission flows into Agile.  To create a version, you have to have project admin (which also grants component, board, and user maintenance)

Sachin Kumar June 13, 2016

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] could you please share the step, as i am new in JIRA and having admin access.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2016

Look at the permission scheme for the project - that will tell you the rule that determines how someone gets "project admin".  Make sure your user matches that rule.

Suggest an answer