Permission to add watchers to Jira Ticket

Shienna Kim April 12, 2023

화면 캡처 2023-04-13 130401.png

What permission is needed for me to add my team mates to be a watcher of certain issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hello @Shienna Kim ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

In order to add watchers, the user has to have three things:

• Application access (Jira or Jira Service Desk License)
  • Managed Watchers permission in Project Permission scheme
  • Access to the project (Added to project role or permission scheme)

Regards,
Mayur

Thank you @Mayur Jadhav 

I used to have the permission to add the team mates if need be but for some reason, in some of tickets (even with the ones I created) I do not have the access or permission. For instance:

• Application access (Jira or Jira Service Desk License) - Yes, I do
  • Managed Watchers permission in Project Permission scheme - this part I am not sure how to check but the ticket is/ are created by myself and reported by me.
  • Access to the project (Added to project role or permission scheme) - Yes, I do otherwise I cannot create tickets

What should be the issue here, if you could kindly help me on this please?

+ one more thing, even though we tag necessary people to certain comments for their awareness within our organization only, the jira ticket does not send the update emails for their notification. This is sth we are now internally discussing along with above issue. 

Thank you and rgds,

Shienna

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

If you are Jira Admin or Project Administrator then

1. Choose Settings > Projects.

2. Search for and select the project you want to change permissions for.

3. From the sidebar, select Project settings to view the project's settings.

4. Select Permissions from the sidebar. This displays the current permissions scheme.

5. Search for the particular permission (Manage Watcher). Add you self to this permission individually or check if it has already Project role assign to it. You need to add yourself to that project role.

It could be the reason in your project issue security is implement and you don't have access to that security level.

Regards,
Mayur

Like Shienna Kim likes this

Thank you - I will ask my team mates to Subscribe for the aforementioned ticket moving forward. 

Seems this RH OCP RFE Project, am not in the admin/ jira admin position. Will check it internally via rh-issues@redhat.com

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Sure, please don't forget to hit the accept button if the provided solution was helpful.

Like Shienna Kim likes this

Suggest an answer