Permission scheme vs Workflow transition

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

I have on my permissions scheme, the ability to close issues granted to A say Project Role A and on the workflow transition(s) to Close issues the ability granted to B say project Role B.

Which one supercedes the other?

If I have to restrict access to close issues to an individual do I have to remove conditions from both places?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

IIRC.... the workflow transition should take priority. It depends on how you have implemented worklfow. What permission is in the condition part of your Close transition?

Be careful doing this though. If some other admin comes along after you, they will look at the permission scheme and they will not understand why this permission is different for one person/role.

Unless it's a problem specific to one issue type and you need different permissions based on issue type

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

thanks Matthew..

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

In fact, the permission 'Close Issue' has no use unless used in a Workflow, AFAIK.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

Is that by using the "Issue Closed" event?

Suggest an answer