Permission scheme doesn't work as I expected.

Brett Bell August 30, 2019

I created a Permission scheme and a user group for a specific project.  I gave the group permission to create a task in the permission scheme.  I also associated the scheme to the project.  However, the users in the user group get a message that they do not have rights to create a task?  What am I missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

I think we need to see the error message (just the text) and as @Mirek says, the permission scheme definition - if someone does not have permission to create issues, Jira will usually hide the option from them, not offer it and then say no when they try to use it.

From what you've said, I would (very tentatively) suggest that you have granted "issue create" to your people, so they can get into the create process, but the create transition has a validator on it that is then blocking the creation for some reason.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2019

Hi @Brett Bell 

Would be good to see the permission scheme (maybe you can share a screenshot) if not we can only guess what else might happen. I suggest also to check the workflow "create" transition for any custom conditions that might block something (even permission scheme allows that)

Suggest an answer