Permission on dashboard quick filters

Mohamed El Taweel March 24, 2018

Created dashboard "HR Dashboard" with a quick filter for every issue type

Can I limit issue types based on groups

where:

quickFilter1 can be accessed only by Group1

quickFilter2 and quickFilte3  can be accessed only by Group2

If not possible, is there any other way?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2018

No.

That would be terrible as well.  The whole point of a board is that it is a common, shared place for people to collaborate.  It should look the same for everyone working together or they have no chance of being effective together.

I know you can hide issues with security schemes and a board will rightly obey the security rules (I advise people not share boards with different security, to keep it simple).  But I can't think of any sane reason to restrict quick-filters beyond "we have too many", which, when questioned, will lead you straight to "we've made this too complex".  Simplify.

Mohamed El Taweel March 24, 2018

How can I use security schemes to limit the access on quick filters in details, Because this is a business requirements

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2018

Your business requirement is wrong, and no amount of bold is going to change that. 

Go back to the business and say that they're wrong.  If they protest, ask them why they think they want to do it.  If the answer is "too many filters", that is a valid thing to say, but it is a symptom of a deeper problem, not the actual problem. 

The real problem is that they've over-complicated their board(s).  Get them to define what they want on their board and create many boards to handle the many views they think they want.

Suggest an answer