Permission not to close tickets

Stefan Karl August 7, 2017

Hello,

I have an user who I don't want to allow to close tickets.

He is not in any group or permission in the "View project roles" list.

He is only as single user in the permission scheme, but not in "close issue".

But he can still close tickets. Can someone help me where to find the right place to restrict him?

Thank You

1 answer

1 vote
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Dear Stefan,

He still seems to have enough permissions to be able to close a ticket. So i will assume that he is still in the Permission Scheme either as a single user or in a group.

Have you tried using the permission helper?

Using the permission helper

This tool will show you if he can actually still close tickets.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Hello Jeremy,

thank you for the answer. The permission helper is a good idea.

But the user can close issues and the tool says to an issue he closed today: Status: [User] does not have the 'Close Issues' permission.

I don't know what is going on.

Kind Regards,

Stefan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

The "close" permission is a bit of a hangover from JIRA 1 where you could not edit workflows.

Check your workflow - what "conditions" do you have on the "close issue" transition?  Unless you're using one of the default workflows, it's likely that there are none, so anyone can close an issue.  You'll want to add one for "user must have close issue permission" (if that's how you want to control it)

Thank you Nic,

I think that is the solution

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Dear Nic,

Ah ofcourse.. that could indeed be the case!

Thank you for your insight!

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer