Permission issues - Users in one group are able to view profile changes from two unrelated users.

Karen Tao August 21, 2014

I have a user group with two users who have access to JIRA and Confluence and the permissions are set so that they should only be able to view one project in JIRA and one space in Confluence. However, they are able to see the profile updates of two other users (User 1 and 2) from two unrelated groups, but not all the profile updates of other users in the same groups as User 1 and 2.

Things I have tried:

• Created accounts with the same permissions as the affected user group (Group A) and was able to replicate the view of the profiles
  • Created accounts with the same permissions as the users whose profiles were able to be viewed and weren't able to view any other group's information
  • Reviewed the permissions of users whose profile were able to be viewed and did not find permissions that were different to other users whose profiles weren't able to be viewed
  • Removed Group A's access to Confluence which stopped both profile updates from appearing.
  • Created an account and made the same profile update, however this did not appear in the activity stream or 'all updates' tab

Other info

• User 1 - Has access to Confluence only (Profile update appears in JIRA activity feed: update made a few days ago)
  • User 2 - Has access to JIRA and Confluence (Profile update appears in Confluence 'All updates' tab: update made late last year)

So my question here is.. How can I stop these updates from appearing without having to remove Group A's Confluence access?

1 answer

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi there,

In order to avoid any misunderstanding on our end, could you please provide us a screenshot for clarification purposes. Just for sanity check, do you think it is related with our bug here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32081

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Karen Tao August 31, 2014

Hi Septa,

The thing is, only one user that is not part of the internal team is showing up under 'All updates' in Confluence and one in JIRA. These are both different users.

Picture 1 - This user appears in JIRA.

Picture 2 - This user appears in Confluence.

Suggest an answer