Permission and assignee

Lecathelinais Eric July 2, 2017

Hi everybody,

Let's say, someone create an issue. In this case, the assignee of the ticket is the Project Manager (it is automatically).

The problem is any developer is allowed to change the assignee of the ticket even if the current assignee is the PM.
PM is the one that makes a decision and pick the assignee of the ticket.

So ok, for that I can configure the permission scheme. It is not a problem.

But, once the ticket is assigned to developers (by the PM), then it is ok to move the ticket from one developer to another by developers.

Is it possible to do that ? And if so, could you help me and guide me to a solution.

Tanks !!

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2017

It is possible that you remove the assign button globally in you Jira instance. Then you can create your own custom "assign-transition". this is a transitions that leads to the same step but shows a custom screen with assignee field. then you can add conditions to that transition as example that only project role pm can use this button. in the next status you create new transition with condition that only developer can use that "assign-transition".

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-remove-the-assign-button-from-issues-346325421.html

but this isnt really a clean solution. and its globally.

Lecathelinais Eric July 3, 2017

Thanks Stefan

But I cannot remove the assign button globally because I have a lot of projects in my Jira instance (more 200)

So I search a solution only for one project !!

(and your link does not work :( )

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2017

Stefan's solution can work for one project, as you can give that one project a different workflow with that change in it.

The doc site for Atlassian is having problems at the moment, Atlassian are investigating.

Like William Eckrich likes this

Suggest an answer