Permission Scheme

Vita Zinets March 4, 2012

Hi! JIRA v5.0#713

These issue permissions are not in the Issue:
1.Edit Issues
2.Assign Issues
I am part of the group that can do it, but I dont have these permissions.

Explain my mistake, please

4 answers

0 votes
Vita Zinets March 20, 2012

It was а system failure. I deleted permission issue and created again, it worked.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hey Vita,

You may want to look at the Workflow Condition and Validator. In case that does not help, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket (https://support.atlassian.com) including the description of the issue you are facing, for us to further troubleshoot the matter.

Hope that help :)

0 votes
Vita Zinets March 4, 2012

My issue is "Open".

I have done many projects, but this problem I have only in that version JIRA.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2012

If you're definitely in a group that has these permissions, then I can only think of one thing.

Is the issue "closed"? (Status, not just "resolved", but has the actual status of "closed"). In the default workflow, and most copies/updates, you'll find there is a flag on the status that says "do not allow edit". That blocks everyone from changing anything on the issue while it's in that status, even if they'd normally have permissions that allow it. If that's the case, you'll need to reopen it, then you'll get edit and assign back...

Suggest an answer