Permanent delete JIRA Attachments in Cloud version

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

I would like to know if I delete an attachment, is it deleted permanently on the Cloud Version?  Some one uploaded sensitive data and I want to ensure it is removed permanently from the Cloud server.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

They are deleted from the Cloud servers.

They will persist in the backups Atlassian take in case of disaster, but these are cycled, so they will eventually cease to exist in them.  I don't know how long those backups are kept.

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Thanks, I reviewed the Security links and was able to provide the client detailed information on the timelines. It is deleted instantly from the current instance.   The backups are done every 24 hrs and are kept for 7 days.  

Like Rodrigo Pereira likes this
Tim Ryan October 22, 2018

Do you know if this is still the case with the new cloud terms which begin on 11.1.18? They make mention of not using sensitive data in issues. Just wondering if the same backup cycles will be used.

Like Joan Arthur likes this
Rodrigo Pereira October 1, 2021

@Kathi Paquetcan you send me this link? :) I need to explain this to the Compliance Team. :D

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2021

@[deleted] oh boy that was in 2017... let me look for that.  I found it buried in  the Atlassian CSA .  I will try looking for it today

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2021

@Rodrigo Pereira   Here is the link where you can download the Atlassian JIRA/Confluence CSA.  I have used this walk through a clients Security Audits.  https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/registry/services/jira-and-confluence-cloud

Also, here is the link to Atlassian's Security https://www.atlassian.com/trust/security

It does take time to navigate and find.  You can also submit a question via the Security page.  Hope this helps

Suggest an answer