It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Perl cron(hourly and weekly mostly), korn or bash (or whichever shell) Edited

If the help desk product doesn’t have what I need it to have, like for instance when a ticket is raised

by $variable-name@domain$var.$var and THEN when a match is found assign the ticket

to $AR IF but not IF.....that sort of thing. I will be introduced to the product looks like this coming

Monday and I’m curious if via whichever shell I might be using if the product plays well in the sandbox

with perl and bash. I’m assuming it does but hecto gamut, in this instance your permission.

1 answer

0 votes

You can write stuff with scheduled scripts or other programs that work from the outside, over the REST API (which is agnostic of what language you're using) but it is far faster and easier to use something that is built for this sort of thing.

I would strongly recommend you take a look at the marketplace and look for the automation and scripting products. For example

• Automation for Jira fully understands how Jira works and insulates you from having to write any code at all. 
  • Scriptrunnner gives you a bit more power in that you can talk directly to the internals of Jira and do things like creating your own extension points and services. 
  • Powerscripts is in between those two in some ways. 
  • There's an Autoblocks app as well, which is "coding for non coders", very visual

There are others, but I'm only familiar with those really.  I also work for Adaptavist (SR and Autoblocks) but I don't want to mislead anyone by saying that they're the only option, or even that they are even vaguely right for you - take a look at all of them.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you