Perhaps if the update JIRA, if we buy a license for the user ?

Anuar Kadyrmanov February 22, 2016

Perhaps if the update JIRA, if we buy a license for the user ?

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

It's ok, there is no need to apologise, we understand that English is not universal (heck, a lot of the English cannot speak it properly!).  Your clarification helps.

You say "after 6 days".  I think that means that you have got a Cloud trial of JIRA Service Desk, and it has run out of time?  If you buy a Cloud licence, you pay for it every month, and get full support.

If you want to run it yourself, on a Server licence, then yes, you pay for one year, and get support for a year (and access to free upgrades).  After that year, you can pay maintenance for more support time.

Anuar Kadyrmanov February 23, 2016

Good afternoon. After 6 days , we will discontinue support for all your products . During the month, we plan to purchase a license for 150 users 150 Agile support users and Unlimit merger . Prompt please , after the bidding data supporting the license will be extended , and whether it is possible , if we free update version 6 to 7 . If the support will be extended for some time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2016

Ok, I do not understand some  of that, but I can try to guess at some answers:

You can not get a licence for 150 users, you will need a 250 user licence.

When you buy a licence, you can put it in your trial system, that will make it a production system.

A licence includes the freedom to upgrade to any version released before the end of the licence, no cost.

Anuar Kadyrmanov February 24, 2016

I mean, we have 100 jira-users and 50 service desk agents, and we in the next month buy upgrage 250 JIRA users and 250 service desk agents. My question is, after buy we got again 1 year support and upgrage?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2016

So you're on JIRA 7 Service Desk.  So yes, 100 users + 50 Agents can be done.

Yes, if you renew the licence (with or without increasing the numbers), you get 1 year support and upgrades.

Anuar Kadyrmanov February 24, 2016

We have JIRA 6.4 and jira-users 100 license & 50 service desk agent. 

we can after purchase jira-users 250 & serivce desk agents 250 upgrade jira and support in 1 year? we scared after 6 days we can not be updated after purchase.

i dont understand what you mean "if you renew the licence" ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2016

Sorry, I thought you already have a licence.  If you do, then you need to "renew" it to get the next year of support.  While doing that, you can also increase the numbers of people.

If your licence expires, then you can still use JIRA.  You can also upgrade it, but not to a version released after the end date.  (For example:  if your licence expires on the 29th February, and JIRA 7.0.2 is released on the 10th of March, then you can still upgrade to 7.0.1 of JIRA at any time.  But not 7.0.2).  If your licence runs out, you can still get a new one and get all the support and upgrades back.  You do not need to be scared.

0 votes
Anuar Kadyrmanov February 23, 2016

sorry, its my bad english. im from kazakhstan. i mean, after 6 days update JIRA has been lost. we buy JIRA users license and so. attlasian give a 1 year support ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

Yes, I'm afraid I cannot even start to guess what this sentence means.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Can you pls clarify your question?

Suggest an answer