Performance problems with an issuefunction filter

Dieter Schade July 7, 2015

Hello,

we are using following issueFunction filter for the connection of issues in 2 projects. This filter however is extremely slow and sometimes completely fails to deliver any results back:

project = XY AND resolution = unresolved AND issuetype in (rfc, bug, improvement) AND (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=ABC", "depends on") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=ABC", "is required for") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=ABC", "relates to"))

Does someone have any idea how we could speed up this filter or any other completely different tactic how to get these results? As a workaround we are currently using just 3 different filters. But a combination of the results in only one filter would be better.

We have currently JIRA Version 6.1.7 and Scriptrunner: 2.1.16 installed.

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Dieter,

You may have some measure of success with this:

project = XY AND resolution = unresolved AND issuetype in (rfc, bug, improvement) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfRecursiveLimited("project = ABC", 1)

which should (in theory) pick up all the link-types in a single subquery.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Dieter Schade July 20, 2015

Hi Mark,

thanks for this. I didnt know this issuefunction recursive limited....

0 votes
Dieter Schade July 9, 2015

Hi Christian,

thanks for the answer, I think I could speed the query up. I added to the certain issuetypes after the project = ABC and think it is a little bit faster now.

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is a possibility to check for all link-types in one subquery? The reason for the 3 time iterating through one project is that I have to specify every link-type in a single subquery.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure but you're iterating through the entire ABC project 3 times!!! Maybe try to limit the ABC project to sth. like: issueFunction in hasLinkType(.....) to reduce the number of issues in your ABC project.

Cheers

Christian

Suggest an answer