Perform users administration

Alejandro Illes July 3, 2015

Hi,

I need to know how is the best way to include external users (vendors / clients) without adding them to the JIRA users, to reduce the amount of the list of users, because as for now, we are adding external users which are not from our company, to include them in some JIRA projects. 

Thanks,

5 answers

2 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2015

Hi Alejandro,

You can add them to other groups that have the CAN USE permission in JIRA and can also see the specific projects you want them to see.

For example.

Project A have access for groups JIRA users and GroupA. These two groups have can use permission in JIRA global permissions.

Then you can only put the users you want to see the Project A inside the GroupA and they will be able to see the project.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2015

Hello Alejandro,

In additional to Rodrigo's response, I'd advice you to take a look on this link:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Getting+started+with+JIRA+Service+Desk

Maybe the Service Desk JIRA Plugin is a good choice for you as you manage your customer issues by a specific page (Customer Portal) and the customers do not count on the license.

0 votes
Alejandro Illes July 6, 2015

Hello!

I'm still don't get this... I can't see the same screens than the screenshot in the link you provided me. See below my screen.

Capture.JPG

0 votes

What I'm trying to do, is reduce the amount of user for license things. I know that I can add external user as watchers or something like that, but what I need to understand if that is a good option for external users who can create or edit tickets. If so, how can I set up that?

Thanks

0 votes

Hola Rodrigo!

Lo que necesito es quemar menos usuarios por un tema de costos y tengo entendido que hay otros modos de agregar usuarios externos para no quemar tantas licencias.

Gracias por tu ayuda

Suggest an answer