Perforce Jobs to JIra issues linking

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hi All

We use Perforce for version control and Perforce provides us with an in-built feature i.e. Perforce Jobs (definition below).

I want to know is there a possibility to link jira issues with perforce jobs.

I looked up on the plugin lists and found that the Perforce plugin has been deprecated and superceded by the fisheye plugin.

How can i achieve the above tracability?

Rahul

A Perforce job is a numbered (or named) work request managed by the Perforce server. Perforce jobs enable you to track the status of bugs and enhancement requests and associate them with changelists that implement fixes and enhancements. You can search for jobs based on the contents of fields, the date the job was entered or last modified, and many other criteria.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Hi Rahul,

You can actually use Fisheye to connect JIRA issues to Perforce jobs.

Besides, depending on what version of JIRA you're using, there might be a few other both free and paid JIRA plugins that also allow you to link from JIRA to perforce.

Below are a few I found:

P4V Suite and JIRA quick Build Plugin- for JIRA 5.1 - 5.2.11

Perforce plugin for JIRA - should still work for JIRA 5.0 - 5.0.7

Suggest an answer