'Perfect' Atlassian setup?

Jack O'Hara September 26, 2013

The company I work for uses Jira and Bitbucket after much persuasion, but I can't help feeling that we're missing out on something by not throwing more Atlassian products in to the fray. I take a look at the products page and leave with a hypothetical bill for $100s.

Ultimately, my goal is:

1. Code repositories (Bitbucket)

2. Issue tracking, workflow and task assignment (Jira)

3. Time logging, for billing purposes - I could do this issue by issue with Jira, but then Tempo comes along and says hi... ?

4. Automated testing (Bamboo?)

5. Deploying repositories - at the moment this is (painstakingly) done via FTP manually to multiple servers (Bamboo?)

If I were to follow Atlassian blindly I'd add

- Fisheye - but that looks like just a way of non-Developers / someone else looking at commit history without seeing the actual repository.

- Crucible - but that looks like primarily code review, which at the moment is done using branches (Git Flow - Master -> Release -> Development -> (Feature, Feature, Feature)) at the 'Release' stage.

- Crowd - because logging in twice isn't fun, but isn't necessarily a massive chore. A few extra seconds, rarely, as we're only using the two products at the moment.

What do you use? Is there a killer something I'm missing out on and just don't know I'm missing out yet?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Confluence, Hipchat, JIRA Agile to name a few ;)

Suggest an answer