The company I work for uses Jira and Bitbucket after much persuasion, but I can't help feeling that we're missing out on something by not throwing more Atlassian products in to the fray. I take a look at the products page and leave with a hypothetical bill for $100s.
Ultimately, my goal is:
1. Code repositories (Bitbucket)
2. Issue tracking, workflow and task assignment (Jira)
3. Time logging, for billing purposes - I could do this issue by issue with Jira, but then Tempo comes along and says hi... ?
4. Automated testing (Bamboo?)
5. Deploying repositories - at the moment this is (painstakingly) done via FTP manually to multiple servers (Bamboo?)
If I were to follow Atlassian blindly I'd add
- Fisheye - but that looks like just a way of non-Developers / someone else looking at commit history without seeing the actual repository.
- Crucible - but that looks like primarily code review, which at the moment is done using branches (Git Flow - Master -> Release -> Development -> (Feature, Feature, Feature)) at the 'Release' stage.
- Crowd - because logging in twice isn't fun, but isn't necessarily a massive chore. A few extra seconds, rarely, as we're only using the two products at the moment.
What do you use? Is there a killer something I'm missing out on and just don't know I'm missing out yet?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG