Percentage breakdown on prioritization for a set of Epics/Stories

Valentin Romanov November 5, 2013

Hi everyone!

We are using DSDM agile project delivery framework in our projects and are missing one "simple" function in JIRA. We are using Excel for this. Hope someone had the same problem and has a solution :)

Imagine the following use case:
We want to prioritize a set (say 10 for this example) of Epics using Moscow prioritization. To this set of 10 (found using a search criteria) we want a breakdown showing percentage for each prioritization. Meaning if all of Epics are set as Must, the breakdown table says M 100%, S 0%... and so on. As soon as one prioritization changes, the breakdown changes.

Note: Moscow prioritization field is a custom cvl created by us.

All help appreciated

See attached screenshot from the excel.

Best Regards

Valentin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2013

Hi Valentin,

Couldn't you simply use a piechart based on a filter that only shows Epics and base it on the Moscow value to do this?

Best regards,

Peter

Valentin Romanov November 5, 2013

Peter... you're the man! Sometimes the simple answers are the best. Didn't know the pie chart was that powerfull.

Cheers!

Valentin Romanov November 6, 2013

Follow up question! Creating a pie-chart was no problem, but I'm missing one information field. Estimated time. Meaning that next to each Moscow prio % I would like to know how many hours all of them are estimated to.

Simple example:
2 Epics. 1 Must, 1 Could.
Must estimated to 45 hours
Could estimated to 7 hours

Pie chart is showing 50% M, 50% C.
But next to M, I would like to see the sum of all estimates for M. In this case 45 h.

Possible? Or are we talking easyBI here or some other custom reporting tool?

Once again,
Thank you

Suggest an answer