Percentage and remaining time by epic gadget

Benjamin Fernandez February 12, 2016

Hello!

I am looking for a dashboard gadget to show the percentage of completion and remaining time by epic, I can see this info on the epic left bar when I hover the mouse over the progress bar.ozFfFgm.png

I need this info as Dashboard gadget, please.

It doesn't matter if is not free.

Thank you!

6 answers

1 vote
Susan Alipour July 16, 2019

Any idea as to when the Epic Sum Up and other epic dashboard gadgets, which are currently available for Server, will be available for the Cloud?

1 vote
Benjamin Fernandez February 16, 2016

Thank you for your help, but finally I could not do it sad

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2016

I am Sorry, I could not answer more than 3 times, so I could not send you a hint anymore..

If you want, you can send me an email: a.haaken@aptis.info and I will try to help you..

Here is the short help:

You have to create a dedicated progress field for every column. By doing this, you can create 3 different progressbars at for each epic (2 dedicated ones, and 1 generic).

If you have these fields created, you can add them as columns in issue navigator..

Shaon Habibullah April 16, 2018

Is it possible for you to provide a more step by step solution?.  It looks like you figured out how to get epic status out of JIRA.

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2018

Hi,

Maybe this view helps:

https://confluence-public.aptis.info/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=13961999#content/view/13961999

If this is what you need, plus contact the vendor support, they will help you with configs. 😉

Shaon Habibullah April 17, 2018

Hi Andreas...

That is exactly what I need.  I'm on JIRA cloud and this dashboard gadget is for JIRA server only :(

I will contact JIRA vendor support anyway.

1 vote
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
February 15, 2016

sum.pngSomething like this?

You can use the filter result gadget to display the progresses and the relevant values 

Benjamin Fernandez February 15, 2016

Yes!, just like that, I will try it, thank you! smile

Do you know a way to group them by epic?

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
February 15, 2016

Epics are already a group, do you think of Epics of Epics? (group of groups?)

Is just like your image, I don't know how you do it, how is your filter? I tried this: "type=epic", but is not working sad

Sample:

epicssample.png

Jeremy Upright November 16, 2016

Are the columns for Epos Fortschritt, Epic Story Points, Epic Completed Issues custom fields, or are these system fields that can be added to the Filter Results gadget.  I am not able to locate fields with these titles.

image2016-11-16 12:42:47.png

Sasha S September 19, 2017

Jeremy, I am trying to do the same thing, did you find a way to resolve it?

0 votes
Arvind Maheshwari October 4, 2018

@Andreas Haaken _APTIS_ I don't what you meant there but I can't make it have several epics displayed on dashboard to detail the summary for each epic which we see on epic report for individual epic e.g. sum of story points for stories that are childern of that epic, how many storypoints competed, how many still left to do and number of stories not estimated etc.

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
October 4, 2018

Well, you lost me.. do you have a screenshot?

Senthilkumar Ananthakrishnan October 24, 2018

How about % progress from EPIC level. We use story points not hours. BTW, i use JIRA cloud version not Server.

Basically my request is same as above. Our estimates in SP (story points) and based on plan/completion of Story or Task or Bug under the EPIC, it shoud give status in terms of  completion. 

Rally has this default feature from "Epic"/"Feat" level

Like # people like this
Romanovich, Anna September 18, 2020

Senthikumar, did you ever found the answer? I am trying to do the same things now. Thanks 

0 votes

Thank you @Andreas Haaken [APTIS], but I think it doesnt have any dashboard gadget. sad

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
October 4, 2018

it has.. now ;)

0 votes
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
February 12, 2016

Try Epic Sum Up ;) 

Suggest an answer